Part-Time Family Mediator
Louisa Whitney launched LKW Family Mediation in 2013, and the practice has grown to the stage where we need to recruit another mediator to provide the service at our Dorking office and online. The practice currently provides PPC support for other mediators, and professional training for other lawyers, mediators and counsellors – in addition to family mediation.
Although mediation meetings have only been taking place online since March, due the the current situation with COVID-19, it is anticipated that we will be returning to some in person meetings (with appropriate safeguards) from a date to be confirmed in September.
The right candidate will definitely:
- Have some experience of mediation and have completed an FMC registered foundation training course. You do not have to have achieved your accreditation
- Be registered with the Family Mediation Council and either have the accredited status, or be working towards this with some progress having been made on your portfolio already
- Be passionate about family mediation and developing this craft
- Be familiar with Zoom and ideally have undertaken some mediation via Zoom
- Develop marketing initiatives to attract potential clients (this is likely to include social media postings, blogging and/or networking).
- Enjoy working as part of a team and be keen to contribute to making LKW Family Mediation the best mediation practice it can be
- Be confident dealing with mediation issues about children and finances
The mediator is expected to see clients on two days per week and attend a fortnightly staff meeting either in person or remotely. We are though prepared to be flexible for the right candidate and tailor the working arrangements to to meet the business’ and candidate’s needs.
The mediator will work on a self-employed fee sharing basis. Please send your C.V and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th September.