Part-Time Family Mediator
Louisa Whitney launched LKW Family Mediation in 2013, and at the end of 2020 Emma Ingham joined LKW Family Mediation as the practice went from strength to strength. We are now looking to recruit another mediator to work part time on a fee sharing basis.
You will work online via Zoom and in person at our Dorking, or Farnham office (or potentially an office base near you if you are further afield). You will be committed to developing and improving your mediation practice and will be interested in undertaking activities designed to market the practice and raise awareness of our services. You will be passionate about providing a professional and clearly laid out process to those going through a separation, or who have separated. The practice has established procedures laid out which you will be expected to follow to ensure a uniform service is provided to all clients.
You will be supported in your practice and given opportunities to talk and reflect on issues arising in your practice. You will be supported to maintain good boundaries around your work and to support your own wellbeing.
The practice currently provides PPC support for other mediators, and professional training for other lawyers, mediators and counsellors – in addition to family mediation. You will be able to join any training course offered by the practice for free.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and innovative mediation practice passionate about providing professional, empathetic and child focused mediation to those going through a separation and beyond.
The right candidate will definitely:
- Have some experience of mediation and have completed an FMC registered foundation training course. You do not have to have achieved your accreditation but will need to have some mediation experience
- Be passionate about family mediation and developing this craft
- Be familiar with Zoom and have undertaken some mediation via Zoom
- Be able to and interested in developing marketing initiatives to attract potential clients. We are happy to discuss this and to work with the strengths and interests that you have but we want the right candidate to understand they will be expected to undertake activities to bring work into the practice
- Enjoy working as part of a team and be keen to contribute to making LKW Family Mediation the best mediation practice it can be
The right candidate may:
- Have marketing experience and/or professional networking experience
- Have undertaken both in person and online mediation
- Have other professional skills that they can bring to their mediation work – and to develop the training work offered by LKW Family Mediation
The mediator is expected to manage their own diary when making client appointments and attend a fortnightly staff meeting remotely. Our office hours are 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday and you would not be expected to see clients out of this time (but you could choose to if that was your preference).
The mediator will work on a self-employed fee sharing basis. This will be fully discussed in the interview but please email if you have questions. Please send your C.V and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 25th November. Candidates will then be invited to attend an interview in the week starting 5th December.
We are committed to our diversity policy and have pledged that no potential candidate will be disadvantaged on the grounds of sex, gender, marital status, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious belief or creed.